Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Quilled Aluminium




       Inspired by a post by Ann Martin at All things paper I tried some Aluminium quilling. I used  a big needle to roll and it is not as easy as paper of course. I need to do more of this and learn how to cut smaller strips and find some nice tools to roll and clasp the Aluminium at folds.


    I first marked on the bottom of the can to size the strips. (Too big it turned out:(   )




       I cut out the strips .



             I then turned the strip with a twist and then curled it with a needle. 


            After curling for a bit I curled with my hand, somehow after a couple of curls it becomes easy.


         I adjusted the coils as best as I could to get a symmetry . One or two strips tore when I twisted them .



6 comments:

k@rin said...

very nice,

thanks for charing with us

karin

painted princess collection said...

Thankyou suganthi for sharing
anandhi

Baukje said...

I think this is such a clever piece of work I think it's wonderful it!
Greetings Baukje

Emreen said...

This is sooo beautiful and different....

soujiart said...

Vow!!!! sooo nice

singh.nishtha@gmail.com said...

Hey,

I know im late in commenting on this, but Im new to quilling...

I love what you have done with a throw away colddrink can...Its unbelievable...

I am super impressed...

-May ART be with you.